It appears winter is well and truly here. Now considering I spent our last winter basking in the sun in beautiful Broome this winter has got me with the blues. I miss morning runs on the beach in the sun and I am definitely not a fan of leaving and returning to and from work in the dark.
Winter also rains on my parade with fashion, while I am loving the bomber jackets, faux furs and waterfall vests I still want to be able to wear my Galibelle’s. BUT I also didn’t want to be freezing my little piggies off, I know right, us girls want it all.
So I started thinking of ways I can still wear my Galibelle’s with out getting frost bite and I came across some pretty damn funky images of people rocking shoes with socks.
After a chat to an amazing WA stylist and friend Kirsty Noakes from SASS (Shop and Style Specialists, check out her website here and trust me ladies you will love what Kirsty can do for you). I now had all the right tools to take this style to the streets.
Here are some things I learnt in pairing socks with your Galibelle’s
- If this is out of your comfort zone start out with opaque stockings, they go with everything and you will be super warm.
- Strappy wedges or heels look so cute with with a pair of sheer tights or sheer ankle sockets.
- For the more out there women clashing colours is bright and brilliant for dreary winter days and will add attitude to your outfit.
- Patterns and bold colours are a stunning statement.
- Try a white lace socket or something with frills for a stunning feminine look.
- Pair black on black in a knee high sock for that more sexy night time vibe. Think Ariana Grande!
Most importantly Belle’s DO NOT be afraid, this trend is quirky so have some fun and experiment with it.
Still not convinced??? check out my Pinterest inspo board with some awesome styles to try and help you step out your comfort zone with fashion this winter. I am sure you will see me getting around in a few of these styles this winter.
We would also love to see your take on this trend, Take a snap and tag @galibelleau and #galibellewinter
Till next time Belle’s
Galibelle Australia CEO